Information will be added to this page as it becomes available.
Wearing of Face Coverings on School Sites effective from Monday 14th September
We have been informed today that as from Monday 14th September all schools in Coventry will require parents / carers to wear face coverings when dropping off or collecting children from school. This is not currently a national requirement but is a ‘local’ decision that has been taken by Coventry in an attempt to further reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in Schools. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC MAC
COVID-19 OPERATIONAL RISK ASSESSMENT FOR THE FULL RE-OPENING OF PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS
Dear Parent / Carer
As the end of the academic year approaches, I wish to thank you first and foremost for your incredible patience, understanding and support during this time. I also want to inform you of our draft plan for the reopening of our school in September to give you time to make any necessary arrangements. I will write to you again after 24th August, with any amendments, as a result of Government updates. Please note that, in line with Government guidelines, ALL children are expected to return to school in September.
Dear Parent / Carer
We hope that you continue to remain safe and well during these uncertain times and it is hard to believe that we are now approaching the end of the academic year.
We have reviewed the department for Education’s guidance published on Thursday 2nd July which clarifies their expectation for schools to reopen fully to all pupils in the Autumn term. The guidance highlights some key measures that must be implemented by schools to ensure the safety to all.
New Nursery and Reception Intake 2020-21
We are really pleased to welcome our new Nursery and Reception children who will join us in September. In these uncertain times, we are all living in the moment and finding it difficult to make plans for the near future. We currently don’t know what the situation will be in September but we will keep parents updated via the website as soon as we have any information. In the meantime, a member of the Early Years team will be contacting pre-school settings to discuss your child’s Learning Journey so far. If you have any queries please contact us on [email protected] and your e-mail will be allocated to a member of staff who can deal with your enquiry.
Further information regarding the sharing of information about transition to school and how we will support the children and families over the coming months will be available on the New Reception Intake and New Nursery Intake sections under the Parents tab soon.
Coventry SEND Support Service
Telephone Support for Parents and Carers
This term, Coventry Educational Psychology Service is offering direct telephone support to parents and carers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The service is available for families who live in Coventry who feel they may benefit from the opportunity to speak with a member of the team to support them at this time.
Support For Children and Parents
- Childline – childline.org.uk
- UK Safer Internet Centre to report and remove harmful online content – reportharmfulcontent.com
- CEOP (to make a report about online abuse) – ceop.police.uk/safety-centre
- Internet Matters (for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online – internetmatters.org
- London Grid for Learning (for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online) – lgfl.net/online-safety/
- Net-aware (support for parents and carers from the NSPCC) – net-aware.org.uk
- Parent info (for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online) – parentinfo.org
- Thinkuknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online) – thinkuknow.co.uk
- UK Safer Internet Centre (advice for parents and carers) – https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/parents-and-carers